Some listing agents follow their job descriptions to a T, while others make it a point to exceed their clients’ expectations. Agents who go above and beyond for their clients earn their way from “good” to “great.”
In real estate, there are certain services that a listing agent must perform. Other tasks are considered “extra” and are only performed by a dedicated few. If you are considering selling your Queens real estate, here’s everything you need to know about selecting a listing agent who will meet your needs.
What To Expect From Your Listing Agent
Like any job, a listing agent has specific things they need to do to earn their commission. A qualified listing agent will:
- Run a comparative market analysis (CMA) on your property
A CMA is one of the most effective tools a real estate agent uses to determine a fair list price. If a CMA isn’t a part of your agent’s pricing strategy, question their ability to sell your home effectively.
- Use targeted advertising efforts to attract serious buyers to your home
A clear, professional MLS listing posted on Zillow, Trulia, and other major real estate search engines is the most common way to encourage serious buyers to look at your home. Your agent should also be willing to communicate with buyer’s agents to get inside information about a particular buyer’s interest in your home.
- Coordinate open houses and private showings
Now that the worst of the pandemic appears to be over, agents should be back to offering open houses and private showings as a part of their standard services.
Characteristics of Top-Notch Listing Agents
When you’re trying to sell your home, you deserve five-star services. Unfortunately, not all listing agents provide them. Here are some things to look for in a top-notch agent:
- Work with an agent who knows how to create engaging videography or virtual tours.
- Find someone who isn’t afraid to use the latest technology to enhance listings, find buyers quickly, and make the paperwork process proceed smoothly.
- Since market variations can occur between city blocks, choose an agent who is well-versed in your local real estate happenings.
- Selling your home requires a team of professionals, so partner with an agent who has connections to home stagers, real estate attorneys, and anyone else who offers in-demand seller services.
Contact Stella Shalamova Today!
In the end, the best listing agent for you is the one who understands your real estate goals. It takes some extra work on the agent’s part to do that. Stella Shalamova is willing to dedicate her time to her client’s successes. Contact Stella Shalamova today to learn more about what makes a real estate agent from “good” to “great!”